Pages

July 23, 2011

Phyl Reviews: Rock & Republic Eyeshadows

I've heard about Rock & Republic eyeshadows, but was never able to purchase any.  About 2 months ago, I was able to purchase some from Hautelook.  They were $8 plus shipping and handling...all together I think I paid $20 for both of them.  After much anticipation (it took about 3 weeks for me to get the shadows from Hautelook) I got these beauties in my mailbox...

Left: Ammo; Right: Femme

Ammo
Femme
Swatch: Ammo
Swatch: Femme

Ammo is a warm brown with golden shimmers.  Femme is a matte peachy beige.  Both shadows are incredibly pigmented and have great color payoff.  Both colors go on like a dream. Ammo has no fallout and I love to use it as an all over lid color and sometimes I use it in a smokey eye.  It's great for everyday and for special occasion makeup. Femme is quickly becoming my everyday highlight color. I love that it's matte and has a peachy-ness to it.  I don't like white and cream highlights because they can look ashy on my complexion.  This eyeshadow doesn't have that problem with me. I really like these eyeshadows and find them comparable to my MAC and Urban Decay shadows...in fact, I find myself reaching for these more often sometimes.  You get a ton of product for the money, too.  The only problem I have with them is the beautiful packaging; while it's really fancy and nice to look at, it's difficult to travel with these because they are kind of bulky. I will definitely be purchasing more of these the next time they are on Hautelook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment